[webkit-help] Flickering in Android Webkit browser

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 10:39:16 PST 2010

> What I am doubting is that once the flash runs in the Browser as a plug-in, it sets WebKit in such a state such that,
> The Browser window background is completely cleared or painted black and then followed by foreground painting/rendering. This causes the flicker..
>
> 1. Please let me know if my assumption is in right direction or totally off the track?

It is easier to verify your assumption by doing the debugging
yourself. Just build Android WebKit using the instructions in
http://source.android.com/source/index.html, use your favorite
debugger, and trace the execution.

(Also, don't cross post to two different lists: webkit-help and webkit-dev).

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat