[webkit-help] Webkit Layout tests execution

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 08:05:20 PDT 2010

Hi,

> 1.Generating expected text file for new test using "run-webkit-test --reset-results --gtk /layouttests/ new test.html
> 2.Expected file is generated in the /platform/gtk/---
> 3.Running the test using " run-webkit-test --gtk /layouttest/new test.html
> 4.Test file is executed successfully using Dumprender tool

This is the correct way of generating new expected files.

> Issue is When we opened same html file manually in the GtkLauncher we observed that test is failing .

This just means that your change or test case is wrong.

DumpRenderTree does not have the concept of right or wrong: it just
dumps whatever you feed it. You - as the test writer - have to make
sure that what it dumped is correct.

FYI, this is a good resource when creating test cases:
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/Writing%20Layout%20Tests%20for%20DumpRenderTree

Regards,
Julien