[webkit-help] file: scheme on Windows?

Russ Schnapp rls.webkit at schnapp.org
Thu Apr 29 18:41:40 PDT 2010

Russ Schnapp wrote:

 > A little more info:
 >
 > The Apple Windows port of WebKit is using CoreFoundations (borrowed from
 > Safari) to perform the resource handling (i.e., it uses
 > WebCore/platform/network/cf/Resource...) to deal with data sources.  If
 > I could get it to use WebCore/platform/network/win/Resource...,
 > MIMETypeRegistry would be used, and all would be well.  But that's not
 > what's going on.
 >
 > However, I notice that in
 >   C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
 >     \Apple Application Support\CFNetwork.resources
 >
 > ...there resides a certain file, types.plist.  This is an xml file in
 > the Apple "Property List" form, specifying the file extension-to-MIME
 > mapping.
 >
 > So that leaves me wondering how to tell CoreFoundations.dll to use
 > types.plist!  I suspect Safari knows to use it, since it has no
 > difficulty rendering local file URLs...
 >
 > Anybody know how to tell CoreFoundations where to find types.plist?

Yes. I do, now.  Copy the aforementioned \CFNetwork.resources directory
and its contents (I copied everything, but it may be that types.plist is
sufficient) to whatever directory you copied CoreFoundation.dll.  The
file: scheme is now working for me.  Bill, you might want to try that.

And someone might want to add that tidbit of info to the wiki.  Well, it
*IS* a wiki -- I suppose I could do it...