[webkit-help] WebKitAPITest WebViewDestruction/MainFrameAfterClose failure

Russ Schnapp rls.webkit at schnapp.org
Fri Apr 2 18:25:51 PDT 2010

I've built WebKit for Windows, and am trying to make sure it's all
working (though I have to say I'm daunted by all the non-open-source
third party DLLs that have to be present in order for it to run!).

While running WebKitAPITest, the MainFrameAfterClose test is failing.
The destruction of WebView.m_page (triggered by WebView::close) is
somehow also causing the deallocation of m_mainFrame.

Is this a latent bug, discovered only because I happen to be testing
with Visual Studio's Debug configuration (which fills deallocated blocks
with 0xfeeefeee)?

Or have I somehow built this thing incorrectly?  Or should I not be
concerned about this?

Most of the preceding tests are reporting "PASS".  I just noticed one
other failure:  NoCloseOrDestroyViewWindow reports

"webViewCount() == currentWebViewCount - 1
(.\tests\WebViewDestruction.cpp:92)"

Apparently, the webViewCount() didn't decrement from 1 to 0 after
deleting the reference to webView.