[webkit-help] Webpage thumbnails

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 08:32:32 PDT 2010

> 1 - It's just a small portion of the webpage.  Specifically, if my HDC
> contains a 800x800 bitmap, then this will only return an 800x800
> portion of the webpage.  What I want is *all* of the webpage, scaled
> to fit into an 800x800 (in this example) bitmap.

I believe this is because you use the size of the frame's view, which
is 800x800. Maybe use the web page directly? I'm not familiar with
Chromium WebKit API so I have no idea if this would work or not.

> 2 - The image quality is really low.  Barely legible, in fact.

Try to use draw filter for Skia. Check the class SkDrawFilter or even
better SkPaintFlagsDrawFilter.
Or even, downscale it yourself with linear interpolation.

Some related links:
http://ariya.blogspot.com/2008/07/be-my-mirror-my-sword-and-shield.html
http://ariya.blogspot.com/2008/08/seas-would-rise-when-i-gave-words.html
http://labs.qt.nokia.com/blogs/2009/01/26/creating-thumbnail-preview/