[webkit-help] Webkit Linux Build without libsoup

Oliver Dole odole at pleyo.com
Wed Sep 16 11:37:23 PDT 2009

Hello,
Yes it is possible as OWB is able to compile GTK version either with libsoup
network backend or curl's one. So I think you just have to modify GTK build
system to compile curl related files instead of those of libsoup and of
course adding the correct compile flags (like -I/usr/include/curl -lcurl
-DWTF_USE_CURL=1 instead of -DWTF_USE_SOUP=1).

Regards,

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:21 AM, Devdatta Akhawe <devdatta at live.com> wrote:

>  Hi
>
> Has anyone thought about building the Webkit GTK build without libsoup. I
> was wondering if it was possible to build using the Chromium Network libs
> instead of libsoup. I am not really interested in using GTK either -- I
> wouldn't mind using only dump render tree (or QT/whatever).
>
> Does WebKit support this build config currently ? Does it sound plausible ?
> Anyone have any ideas where I should start ?
> And if I do end up implementing it, would the webkit developers be amiable
> to adding the port to the buildbot ?
>
> Regards
> Devdatta

Olivier DOLE
Pleyo
Software Engineer

Follow us on twitter : twitter.com/pleyo