[webkit-help] Webkit Linux Build without libsoup

Devdatta Akhawe devdatta at live.com
Tue Sep 15 17:21:06 PDT 2009

Hi

Has anyone thought about building the Webkit GTK build without libsoup. I was wondering if it was possible to build using the Chromium Network libs instead of libsoup. I am not really interested in using GTK either -- I wouldn't mind using only dump render tree (or QT/whatever).

Does WebKit support this build config currently ? Does it sound plausible ? Anyone have any ideas where I should start ?
And if I do end up implementing it, would the webkit developers be amiable to adding the port to the buildbot ?

Regards
Devdatta