[webkit-help] compiling Project: JavaScriptCore, Configuration: Release Win32

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Tue Sep 1 06:02:45 PDT 2009

On Sep 1, 2009, at 3:11 AM, Dipanshu Mansingka wrote:

> On weekend I check out the code using Tortoise SVN. I used this code
> instead of unzipping the tar file as earlier.
>
> I am following all the steps as mentioned. Pthread and ECU are not
> available in the code checked out or webkit support libraries. I had
> to download separately and add it to respective folders in webkit
> support libraries (include/bin/lib)

pthreads and ICU are included in WebKitAuxiliaryLibrary, which is
normally downloaded/installed by the update-webkit script. You can run
update-webkit-auxiliary-libs manually to get this installed correctly.

> 1>FunctionPrototype.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _u_charType_3_2

This and the other errors are due to using the wrong version of ICU.
If you use the version included in WebKitAuxiliaryLibrary you
shouldn't see this error.

-Adam