[webkit-help] compiling Project: JavaScriptCore, Configuration: Release Win32

Dipanshu Mansingka dipanshu_mansingka at persistent.co.in
Tue Sep 1 00:11:57 PDT 2009

On weekend I check out the code using Tortoise SVN. I used this code instead of unzipping the tar file as earlier.

I am following all the steps as mentioned. Pthread and ECU are not available in the code checked out or webkit support libraries. I had to download separately and add it to respective folders in webkit support libraries (include/bin/lib)

The first two project gets compiled and linked. But still while compiling the 3rd project JavaScriptCore I get these errors and warnings at the start and at the end.

1>------ Build started: Project: JavaScriptCore, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Performing Pre-Build Event...
1>The system cannot find the path specified.

1>Linking...
1>   Creating library D:\webkit\webkit\source\SVNSnapshot\webkit\WebKitBuild\lib\JavaScriptCore.lib and object D:\webkit\webkit\source\SVNSnapshot\webkit\WebKitBuild\lib\JavaScriptCore.exp
1>FunctionPrototype.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _u_charType_3_2
1>StringPrototype.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _u_strToLower_3_2
1>StringPrototype.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _u_strToUpper_3_2
1>RegexCompiler.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _u_toupper_3_2
1>RegexCompiler.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _u_tolower_3_2
1>WTF.lib(CollatorICU.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ucol_close_3_2
1>WTF.lib(CollatorICU.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ucol_getAttribute_3_2
1>WTF.lib(CollatorICU.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ucol_getLocaleByType_3_2
1>WTF.lib(CollatorICU.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ucol_setAttribute_3_2
1>WTF.lib(CollatorICU.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ucol_strcoll_3_2
1>WTF.lib(CollatorICU.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ucol_open_3_2
1>D:\webkit\webkit\source\SVNSnapshot\webkit\WebKitBuild\bin\JavaScriptCore.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 11 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://D:\webkit\webkit\source\SVNSnapshot\webkit\WebKitBuild\obj\JavaScriptCore\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>JavaScriptCore - 12 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========