[webkit-help] Symbol lookup error when running tests / DumpRenderTree

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 20:43:49 PST 2009

Now I have a Ruby error in many tests:

/home/bjacob/WebKit/BugsSite/PrettyPatch/PrettyPatch.rb:297:in
`parse': undefined method `inject' for #<String:0x00000001395260>
(NoMethodError)
        from /home/bjacob/WebKit/BugsSite/PrettyPatch/PrettyPatch.rb:15:in
`prettify'
        from BugsSite/PrettyPatch//prettify.rb:26:in `<main>'
.

My Ruby version is 1.9.1.

The "faulty" line of Ruby code is:

            linesForDiffs = string.inject([]) do |diffChunks, line|

Googling suggests that problems with inject on strings with Ruby 1.9
are common, but I'm illiterate in Ruby. Can you help me?

Benoit