[webkit-help] Symbol lookup error when running tests / DumpRenderTree

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 10:53:56 PST 2009

Hi,

Could you please help me with this error. I have just built webkit (qt
port on linux x86-64) in Release mode, and am trying to run the tests.
When I do:

$ run-webkit-tests

the result is that all tests report "crashed". To figure out what was
happening, I tried running the executable myself. AFAIU, the
executable is DumpRenderTree. After exporting the WEBKIT_TESTFONTS
environment variable, I was able to run it but got a symbol lookup
error:

command:

$ WebKitBuild/Release/bin/DumpRenderTree
LayoutTests/animations/animation-controller-drt-api.html

result:

WebKitBuild/Release/bin/DumpRenderTree: symbol lookup error:
WebKitBuild/Release/bin/DumpRenderTree: undefined symbol:
_Z33qt_drt_overwritePluginDirectoriesv

If one demangles this name, this is just a function
qt_drt_overwritePluginDirectories(void).

Any idea why it's missing?
Benoit