[webkit-help] Cross-compiling webkit for ARM platform on Linux-x86 machine

Gabor Loki loki at inf.u-szeged.hu
Tue Aug 18 22:15:28 PDT 2009

Jilu Oommen wrote:
> Hi Gabor,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Sorry for the trouble, can you please tell me the command to checkout
> a particular revision of webkit (r47266).
> From the links that you had mentioned, I guess the latest versions of
> webkit can be checked out.

 $> svn checkout -r 47266 http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk
WebKit
or
 $> git clone git://git.webkit.org/WebKit.git WebKit
 $> git reset --hard 52000e7db5dd7025668fbda1cdb902e8376f8387

> "Until there is ARM JIT support for Gtk port, you can add 'arm' host
> into configure.ac by hand (see around configure.ac:530)."
> Also, I understand that in revision r47266 of webkit , by adding 'arm'
> host in configure.ac, I will be able to get
> ARM JIT support for QT port. Currently there  is no option to enable
> ARM JIT support for GTK support.
> Is my understanding correct?

Sorry, I was not clear. You do not need to change anything for Qt port
at r47266 (just add those defines).
See Qt build guide at http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingQtOnLinux .
For Gtk port the configure and makefiles files are not yet prepared to
support ARM JIT. In this case
you have to add new configure rules, and add new files to Makefiles.

--Gabor