[webkit-gtk] web process crashing on launch

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez clopez at igalia.com
Tue Aug 23 04:46:40 PDT 2022

On 23/08/2022 12:45, Subramani, Prasanth wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I don't seem to be getting enough time to even attach to the GDB process.
> I think it is terminated.
>
> I do not know if it has been killed/terminated with some error.
> If its closed by the main process is there a way to increase the wait time so that I can attach with GDB ?
>
> Thanks,
> Prasanth Subramani

You can use the WEBKIT2_PAUSE_WEB_PROCESS_ON_LAUNCH environment variable
to make it pause for 30 seconds on start or you can use the environment
variable WEB_PROCESS_CMD_PREFIX to attach gdbserver to it.

Check: https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK/Debugging

But note that this environment variables only work if you enable the
CMake option -DDEVELOPER_MODE=ON at build time.