[webkit-gtk] gtk webview wrong rendering on load and small artifact

Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi michael at amarulasolutions.com
Sat Aug 6 07:32:00 PDT 2022

Hi

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 9:08 AM Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi
<michael at amarulasolutions.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 9:01 AM Kjell Ahlstedt <kjellahlstedt at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Den 2022-08-04 kl. 22:47, skrev Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi:
> >
> > Did you get this strange resize effect? Seems the window is resized
> > and the webview part resizes later, so it's totally not fluent. Anyway
> > the idea behind the project
> > is to create a way to interact with alexa stack using webkit and gtkmm
> > and websocket.
> >
> > Michael
> >

> > Yes, I can see that the 4444bbbc2f4dd0a9586f053308ab9a1a.png figure is clipped on its sides until the window is resized. I haven't yet been able to find out which part of the program draws this figure. I suspect that it's the main.bundle.js Javascript. If this can be a bug in a Javascript, I can't help you.
> >

> Yes this is rendered by webkit, that loads the index.html that renders
> the picture. For the resizing problem I noticed that wayland does not
> white blink the background during resizing but yes
> xorg. I suspend some double buffering problem

There are few problems still but they are on top of webkit and gtk
mostly. I have compiled badwolf browser and resizing give the same
problem:

- slow resize
- flashing during resize

https://hacktivis.me/git/badwolf/

The GtkWebView is in hbox under a ScrollWindow

Michael

michael at amarulasolutions.com

info at amarulasolutions.com
www.amarulasolutions.com