[webkit-gtk] Building with wayland requires GLX for opengl support ?

Quentin SCHIBLER quentin.schibler at bbox.fr
Tue Mar 16 00:08:56 PDT 2021

Alright, I spend a few days trying to build it without glx and x11, which I achieved in the end. But it is mess. EGL is not supported out of the box because of OpenGLShims.h which doesn't get included. But including it causes issues because glx is not present. Looking at the source code it seems the workaround is to use libepoxy which is supported in WebCore thanks to webkit-wpe but not in webkit-gtk (there is already a bug report regarding this issue, but the proposed patch does not work anymore, and nothing has been done since 2020). So I had to hack in the support. Even with that, some auto-generated files still included EGL/egl.h instead of epoxy/egl.h, and I could not figure out how to prevent it, so I had to link egl+libepoxy, which is pretty ugly.