[webkit-gtk] Unable to build dependencies for webkitgtk on raspbian

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Thu May 9 07:53:00 PDT 2019

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 8:11 PM, Arvind Arvind Pro
<arvind_dev at arvind.pro> wrote:
> The command cannot run in the code in the release tarball because
> there is no folder "Scripts" within it. Hence  the code from SVN is
> required.

Didn't you see the bold instructions on that page warning you these
instructions are unsafe except for development builds? Is there
something we could do to make it more clear?

> The following steps are suitable for WebKit development only, not for
> production builds. Our JHBuild moduleset does not receive security or
> bugfix updates and it is not suitable for any purpose other than
> development and running layout tests. Do not run against untrusted
> websites.

The instructions for building releases are at the top of the page,
above the instructions for development builds.

Michael