[webkit-gtk] Loading images from file:// URL containing non-ASCII characters

Scott Talbert swt at techie.net
Thu Jan 10 17:11:56 PST 2019

Hi,

Using WebKitGTK+ 2.22.5, when I try to load a file:// URL where the URL
contains non-ASCII characters (percent encoded) and the html contains
images with relative paths, the images fail to load.

When I try to load this URL in Epiphany, it reports "Not allowed to load
local resource:" errors.

Is this a bug?  It would seem to me that it would be - I don't know why a
file:// URL shouldn't be able to load other local resources.  And it works
with a file:// URL with all ASCII characters.

Scott