[webkit-gtk] mingw version of webkitgtk+2?

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Thu May 10 10:04:42 PDT 2018

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Sorry to hear that. Is there a list somewhere describing what doesn't
> compile/run for Windows? Is the problem just WebKitGtk or is it
> WebKit itself that hasn't been ported? Just curious what the main
> obstacle is.

The WebKit layer (formerly WebKit2) needs to be ported, yes. Sony is
slowly working on this [1], so they would be the best people to ask
about the status, and you could collaborate with them if interested.

Then GTK-specific code will also need to be ported. We've assumed that
PLATFORM(GTK) implies !OS(WINDOWS) for a long time.

Finally, if you do get it working, know that it will break continually
in future releases unless you actively keep fixing Windows-specific
issues. (E.g. the macOS build has apparently not worked for about a
year now.)

Michael

[1]
https://trac.webkit.org/log/webkit/trunk/Source/WebKit/PlatformWin.cmake