[webkit-gtk] Support for PKCS11 / Smartcard?

Igor Korot ikorot01 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 18:45:19 PST 2018

Hi, Jim,

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 6:09 PM mailto428496 <mailto628496 at cox.net> wrote:

> Igor,
>
> I think what you are asking is whether the system has been correctly
> setup for smartcard?  The answer is yes.  The EL7 system has all the
> pcscd, opensc, etc. packages and smartcard works correctly for machine
> login and using the firefox browser (via libcoolkey) for smartcard
> enabled sites.  The issue is just that the webkit-gtk browser (used by
> Evolution for OAuth2) doesn't know how to talk to the smartcard device
> (no hooks to libcoolkey, etc.), all the other framework is in place.

Since you were asking about this I would have guessed that you have
everything setup.
My E-mail is more targeted to people who is doig webkit-gtk to let
them understand what is
needed.

BTW, do you use external reader for testing or the one incorporated
into the keyboard?

Michael,
I believe you can buy an external card reader but it will probably be
a problem to do
testing without the actual card.

Thank you.