[webkit-gtk] Opening default context menu on mouse release

Peter Hofmann webkitlists at uninformativ.de
Sun May 14 03:35:53 PDT 2017

Hi all,

we're trying to implement mouse gestures[0] in a simple webkit2gtk
browser. To make things a little easier, here's a minimal example:

https://gist.github.com/vain/e861bce9536410aa10d46948d6bd48c8

To invoke a gesture, press the right mouse button and drag the pointer
left, right, up or down. The browser will then navigate backward,
forward, reload the page or open a new tab.

The current implementation makes the context menu inaccessible. Problem
is, the context menu always opens on mouse *down* events. At that point
in time, we don't know yet if the user is going to perform a gesture.

So, my question is, is there a way to open webkit's default context menu
on mouse *release* events?

Thank you!
Peter

[0]: https://github.com/vain/lariza/pull/38