[webkit-gtk] Building dumprender tree

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Tue May 9 06:30:41 PDT 2017

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 4:38 AM, Saurabh Mishra <srbhmshr344 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> when i'm building dumrendertree using svn /Tools/DumpRenderTree make
> in svn webkitgtk2.8.5 on linux platform its giving the following
> error :
>
> ( if [[ -t 1 ]]; then COLOR_DIAGNOSTICS_ARG="COLOR_DIAGNOSTICS=YES";
> fi; xcodebuild  `perl -I../Scripts -Mwebkitdirs -e 'print
> XcodeOptionString()' -- ` ${COLOR_DIAGNOSTICS_ARG}
> TOOLCHAINS=com.apple.dt.toolchain.OSX10_11 | grep -v setenv && exit
> ${PIPESTATUS[0]} )
> sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/hw/activecpu: No such file or directory
> /bin/sh: xcodebuild: command not found
> make: *** [all] Error 1
>

> Notes :
> explaining why i need to run the above steps:
>
> i have done the Tools/Script/build-webkit step its successful , my
> next step is to run the Tools/Script/run-webkit-tests but its giving
> an error below:
>  DumpRenderTree was not found at
> /webkit-2.8/WebKitBuild/Release/bin/DumpRenderTree
>
> Please give me the solution, asap
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Saurabh Mishra

Hi,

You can't build DumpRenderTree with 2.8.5, because DumpRenderTree only
works with WebKit1, and 2.8.5 only supports WebKit2. You need to use
WebKitTestRunner instead. It should be built automatically when you
build WebKit, so you don't need to build it manually. Both of these
tools are intended for running layout tests. You'll probably never need
to run WebKitTestRunner manually (I don't think I ever have). You can
run all the layout tests with the following command:

Tools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests --gtk

Again, I caution that 2.8.5 is an old release that contains a huge
number of known security vulnerabilities. It should not be used on any
device connected to the Internet.

Good luck,

Michael