[webkit-gtk] Webkitgtk compilation

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Fri Jun 2 07:04:08 PDT 2017

02.06.2017, 16:42, "Nagendra K" <pingnagendra at gmail.com>:
> Hi Konstantin and Micheal,
>
> In the below email, you have mentioned the below line
> b) need to update device userland to use new runtime libraries
>
> I have built the toolchain, now want to understand how to compile webkitgtk with this toolchain. You have mentioned the above line, can you be more details on this
> I tried to edit the makefiles for CC and CXX to the set to point to the newly built cross compile binaries, but when I tried to do cmake these changes they are being reset back to the path of the original which are pointing to PC's gcc. Any suggestion here.

For cross-compilation with cmake you should use toolchain file, where you specify location of compilers' paths and library search paths. See official documentation of cmake [1]. Also, you can find example of cross-compilation setup for WebKitGTK at [2].

BTW, if you build cross-compiler with buildroot, it generates cmake toolchain files as well.

[1] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.7/manual/cmake-toolchains.7.html#cross-compiling-for-linux
[2] https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingGtk#CrossCompilingforARMdevices

--
Regards,