[webkit-gtk] Cross compile webkitgtktk

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez clopez at igalia.com
Fri Jun 2 06:39:37 PDT 2017

On 02/06/17 15:23, Nagendra K wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to cross compile gtk for MIPS.
>
> I have built the toolchain of uclibs buildroot for this.
>
> Can any help me to identify what are all the changes to be done to
> include the toolchain and build webkitgtk.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Nagendra

I don't recommend using uclib. If you don't want to run into unexpected
build problems or issues I recommended that you stick to GNU libc that
is what we test (even on MIPS).

If you use buildroot, it already includes a recipe for building
WebKitGTK+ at package/webkitgtk/webkitgtk.mk

Its a bit outdated now that I check it (still on 2.12.5) so you may want
to update it to the last stable branch.

Now is a matter of selecting the right target architecture and building.

If you prefer to use yocto/openembedded there is also a recipe for
WebKitGTK+ in the oe-core layer.

Regards.