[webkit-gtk] Remote protocol, websockets, and WebKitGTK 2.18

Nicolas Petton nicolas at petton.fr
Thu Jul 27 01:19:31 PDT 2017

Carlos Garcia Campos <cgarcia at igalia.com> writes:

>> The blog post also mentions that Apple abandoned the websocket
>> approach
>> some time ago. I don't have a Mac to test it, but I was wondering if
>> websockets would work with Safari or not.
>
> I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work in safari
> either, there's no code in WebKit to do that anymore.

Thank you for making it clear.

I compiled the WebKit from trunk and tried the remote inspector with the
mini browser.  I still seems to be a WebView with HTML pages, so I'm
wondering how the inspector communicates now that WebKit is not using
websockets anymore.

Do you know if the new protocol is documented somewhere?

Cheers,
Nico