[webkit-gtk] webkitgtk 2.14 basic Webextension skeleton code?

philip.chimento at gmail.com philip.chimento at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 11:57:20 PDT 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017, 16:40 Leo Ufimtsev <Leonidas at redhat.com> wrote:

Hello,

I need to inject javascript objects and thus need to use webkit extensions.

I was wondering, does anyone have some github project of a bare-bone webkit
extension snippet that I could build upon?

Hi Leo,

I'm a bit late to this mail but yes, there is this:
https://github.com/endlessm/webhelper/

There is also this blog post by Carlos that helped me to figure out that
stuff:
https://blogs.igalia.com/carlosgc/2013/09/10/webkit2gtk-web-process-extensions/

A bare bones extension should really be in the documentation instead of in
a blog though, so if you want to write a patch that adds documentation, I
would be more than happy to read it and check it for accuracy. I'm not a
WebKit reviewer though so someone else will have to do actual review on it.

Regards,
Philip C