[webkit-gtk] WebKitGTK+ VS Apple WebKit

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 14:36:23 PDT 2017

Thanks for the answer, it looks like the version built for ArchLinux is
missing some flag then. I'll try to figure out what's going on there.

However ...

> Our team does not usually prioritize web-facing features

I wonder then, how's Gnome Web (Epiphany) trying to be the default
Desktop/platform browser ?

Beside that:

> this webpage is what tech reviewers use to judge the quality of web
browsers

That page simply uses features detection, what every Web developer in this
world would use instead of excluding through UA sniffing anythign that's
not Chrome.

If CustomElementsRegistry is in there and customElements.define works I
don't see why WebKitGTK would fail.

I know the author of that page though, and I'm both a Web/NodeJS developer
and Web/NodeJS Polyfills author myself so I can counter verify what's going
on.

Last question, if I might:

> Our team does not usually prioritize web-facing features

a Web engine that doesn't prioritize web-facing features sounds quite an
"unsound" statement.

What's the official WebKitGTK focus/priority then?

Thank You!