[webkit-gtk] EWS is sad

Adrián Pérez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Fri Sep 9 06:52:22 PDT 2016

Quoting Michael Catanzaro (2016-09-09 04:37:47)
> We currently have at least 96 patches in our EWS queue.
>
> This is a bit extreme -- I guess something is wrong -- but it's quite
> common for us to have 5-10 patches in the queue, where all other ports
> have 0 or 1.
>
> Is anyone available to work on improving this situation? I would like
> our EWS performance to be competitive with other ports. Most Apple devs
> check EWS to see if our bot is red before committing, but I don't think
> many wait around for it if it hasn't finished yet, so even a queue of 5
> patches is problematic. We need to be much faster.

Right now I am in the process of getting a new OLPI, and my plan is to leave
the old laptop in the Helsinki office, contributing to our small IceCC
cluster. Andrés' EWS is running here, so it will help a bit.

It would be nice if Claudio (hello, Claudio!) could bring his build machine
from home to the office. That would help even more, and maybe we could run
one more EWS here.

Another idea is considering buying more build machines. How do people feel
about this? Also, if we aren't running an EWS in the Coruña office where there
are several powerful build machines, we should do that. Probably Carlos López
knows what's the situation there.

Cheers,

--
 ☛ Adrián