[webkit-gtk] WebView avoiding propagation of some GtkWidget signals

Mario Sanchez Prada mario at webkit.org
Wed Jan 6 05:04:06 PST 2016

Hi there,

I just realized that the WebKitWebView widget is not propagating some
GtkWidget's signals on purpose due to a fairly old changeset (see [1]), and
I can't work out what the rationale behind that change is since there's no
bug linked from the ChangeLog, and there's not an explanation there either.

Carlos, Gustavo or anyone else... could you drop some light on this, please?

For the record, this is a problem in an app we have as we need to handle the
"motion-notify-event" signal from the webview's parent GtkWidget, which is
not possible atm due to [1], and not sure a workaround would make sense.

Thanks,
Mario

[1] http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/117594