[webkit-gtk] webkitgtk and Google Maps API

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez clopez at igalia.com
Tue Aug 16 09:34:15 PDT 2016

On 16/08/16 17:40, Adrián Pérez de Castro wrote:
> <rant>
> Sadly, UA sniffing instead of feature testing is done extensively. In an ideal
> world, browsers would stop sending UA strings completely and web developers
> would be forced^W encouraged to level up their game and move on to testing
> browser features. Neat side effect: less chances for users to be tracked.
> </rant>

I would love to see this happening. Unfortunately this can only be
pushed forward by one of the big browser vendors which I guess have
negative interest on something like this.

Also this would make impossible or very difficult to get statistics
about the most popular browsers, operating systems, etc.