[webkit-gtk] Building webkitGDK+

Yin LIU yin.liu at temasys.com.sg
Wed Mar 4 19:32:02 PST 2015

Hi, everyone
I’m new here  and I’m trying to build the webkitGDK+ on my pc: MAC OS X 10.10.
following the instructions http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingGtk <http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingGtk>, I always get several errors when download and build the jhbuild modules.
Here are my steps:

1.Get source:
git clone git://git.webkit.org/WebKit.git WebKit

2.Install the base WebKitGTK+ dependencies:
sudo port install webkit-gtk

3.Run jhbuild modules:
Tools/Scripts/update-webkitgtk-libs

And errors occur here, it seems that a lot of libs/tools are missing or out of date, for example pkg-config, intltool, autoreconfig etc..
I have tried to fix some of them by port install XXX. But there are always new errors.. (Now it complains about cairo’s EGL functions, dbus ..)

I also tried to build on linux with Tools/gtk/install-dependencies instead of sudo port install webkit-gtk. Still having errors during the
jhbuild(not exactlythe same errors) like gobject not found.
So i’m wondering if I have missed some important steps. Please guide me even you find the question is too stupid :)
 thanks in advance!