[webkit-gtk] Crash on xLarge memory allocation with webkitgtk+ 2.8.3

Mario Sanchez Prada mario at webkit.org
Wed Jun 24 13:58:37 PDT 2015

On 24/06/15 19:00, zan at falconsigh.net wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2015, at 06:05 PM, Mario Sanchez Prada wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've recently upgraded the version of WebKitGTK+ in our platform from
>> 2.6.4 to 2.8.3 and, quite surprisingly, it crashes now when used from
>> some of the components that embed WebKit, without any other change in
>> the system other than that one.
>>

> Any reproducible test case, perhaps on a public Web page?

Unfortunately, so far I can only reproduce this error by running an
applications that embed WebKit and use it via GObject Introspection. I tried
to write a simplified case I could share but could not do it yet,
unfortunately, sorry about that.

I understand this might be perhaps a corner case and probably the reason
this has not been reported yet, but the truth is that I'm getting this crash
reliably every time I run those apps, which used to work just fine with
WebKitGTK+ 2.6.4, and only started crashing when installing the 2.8.3
version (every other single package in the system remained the same).

I know this is unfortunate, so I'll keep investigating and see if I can get
a simplified example to force the error to happen in other, more common,
environments. In the meanwhile, if this rings any bell to anyone, please let
me know. The graphics stack is something I'm not very familiar with, and
seems it's somehow caused from there.

Thanks,
Mario