[webkit-gtk] webkit 2.8.3 load-failed

Joachim Schiele js at lastlog.de
Wed Jun 3 06:11:09 PDT 2015

localhost works, all others don't!

i'm now using:
- webkitgtk-2.8.3 with
- gojs forced to use javascriptcoregtk-4.0 (instead of
javascriptcoregtk-3.0)
- gowebkit2 github.com/sourcegraph/go-webkit2 with webkit2gtk-4.0
(instead of webkit2gtk-3.0)

=============== localhost ==================
$ NO_AT_BRIDGE=1 go run gowebkit2.go
Load finished.
Title: "Index of /"
URI: http://localhost/
Hostname (from JavaScript): "localhost"

works! *surprise*
=============== lastlog.de ===================
NO_AT_BRIDGE=1 go run gowebkit2.go
Load failed.
Load finished.
Title: ""
URI:
Hostname (from JavaScript): ""

fails
=====================================

if i enable unit tests for gowebkit2 i see this:
joachim at lenovo-t530 ~/Desktop/projects/webloop % nix-shell -I
nixpkgs=$NIXPKGS default.nix
these derivations will be built:
  /nix/store/i57i3vx8ylgj0snsy7z86a1rzk8bcn3c-go1.4-gowebkit2-22d8960.drv
building path(s)
‘/nix/store/k1ya99l077jz7j6rzh4f4dilgyhvg3q0-go1.4-gowebkit2-22d8960’
unpacking sources
unpacking source archive
/nix/store/414sdb4ksxvki9c1lkid1c439sbbjcji-go-webkit2-22d89604526bbeafa4492c7f5c07ac643dff6e45-src
source root is go-webkit2-22d89604526bbeafa4492c7f5c07ac643dff6e45-src
patching sources
configuring
building
Renaming github.com/crazy2be/gojs to github.com/sqs/gojs
Renaming github.com/crazy2be/gojs to github.com/sqs/gojs
github.com/sourcegraph/go-webkit2/webkit2
github.com/sourcegraph/go-webkit2/cmd/webkit-eval-js
running tests
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
=== RUN TestSettings_EnableWriteConsoleMessagesToStdout
--- PASS: TestSettings_EnableWriteConsoleMessagesToStdout (0.07s)
=== RUN TestSettings_AutoLoadImages
--- PASS: TestSettings_AutoLoadImages (0.00s)
=== RUN TestSettings_SetUserAgentWithApplicationDetails
--- PASS: TestSettings_SetUserAgentWithApplicationDetails (0.00s)
=== RUN TestDefaultWebContext
--- PASS: TestDefaultWebContext (0.00s)
=== RUN TestWebContext_CacheModel
--- PASS: TestWebContext_CacheModel (0.00s)
=== RUN TestWebContext_ClearCache
--- PASS: TestWebContext_ClearCache (0.00s)
=== RUN TestNewWebView
--- PASS: TestNewWebView (0.00s)
=== RUN TestNewWebViewWithContext
--- PASS: TestNewWebViewWithContext (0.00s)
=== RUN TestWebView_Context
--- PASS: TestWebView_Context (0.00s)
=== RUN TestWebView_LoadURI
--- PASS: TestWebView_LoadURI (0.66s)
=== RUN TestWebView_LoadURI_load_failed
--- PASS: TestWebView_LoadURI_load_failed (0.02s)
=== RUN TestWebView_LoadHTML
--- PASS: TestWebView_LoadHTML (0.01s)
=== RUN TestWebView_Title
--- PASS: TestWebView_Title (0.00s)
=== RUN TestWebView_URI
--- PASS: TestWebView_URI (0.00s)
=== RUN TestWebView_Settings
--- PASS: TestWebView_Settings (0.00s)
=== RUN TestWebView_JavaScriptGlobalContext
--- PASS: TestWebView_JavaScriptGlobalContext (0.00s)
=== RUN TestWebView_RunJavaScript
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_function_call'
  what():  bad_function_call

this might be an issue with using webkit2gtk-4.0, i have to investigate
this further.

any idea how to debug what is going wrong here?

thanks