[webkit-gtk] webkit 2.8.3 load-failed

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Tue Jun 2 19:13:05 PDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-03 at 02:02 +0200, Joachim Schiele wrote:
> hi,
>
> i've packaged webkitgtk-2.8.3 for nixos and i'm using it with the
> gowebkit2 from github.com/sourcegraph/go-webkit2
>
> gowebkit2 requires gojs and gotk3 where both of these pass their
> respective go unit tests.
>
> === question ===
>
> i'm getting this error:
>
> [nix-shell:~/Desktop/projects/webloop]$ go run gowebkit2.go
>
> ** (gowebkit2:20348): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus
> address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
>
> ** (WebKitWebProcess:20355): WARNING **: Error retrieving
> accessibility
> bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
> Load finished.
> Title: "Index of /"
> URI: http://localhost/

Hi, what exactly is the problem? The subject line of your email says
load-failed, and your test code prints "Load failed" if the load fails,
but your example here prints "Load finished" -- so the load completed
successfully. What exactly were you expecting to happen
differently?

If you are concerned about the accessibility error, you are missing at
-spi2-core.

> === my configuration: ===
>
> Build configuration:
>  Enable debugging (slow)                                  : no
>  Compile with debug symbols (slow)                        : no
>  Enable GCC build optimization                            : yes
>  Code coverage support                                    : no
>  Optimized memory allocator                               : yes
>  Accelerated rendering backend                            : OpenGL
> (gl,
> egl, glx)
>  Geolocation backend                                      : none
>
> Features:
> =======
>  WebKit1 support                                          : yes
>  WebKit2 support                                          : yes
>  Accelerated Compositing                                  : yes
>  Accelerated 2D canvas                                    : yes
>  Battery API support                                      : no
>  Gamepad support                                          : no
>  Geolocation support                                      : no
>  HTML5 video element support                              : yes
>  JIT compilation                                          : auto
>  FTL JIT compilation                                      : no
>  Opcode stats                                             : no
>  SVG fonts support                                        : yes
>  SVG support                                              : yes
>  Spellcheck support                                       : yes
>  Credential storage support                               : yes
>  Web Audio support                                        : yes
>  WebGL                                                    : yes
>
> GTK+ configuration:
>  GTK+ version                                             : 3.0
>  GDK targets                                              : x11,
> wayland
>  Introspection support                                    : yes
>  Generate documentation                                   : no

The subject line of your email says you're using 2.8.3, but this is the
Autotools configuration that was removed after 2.4, so you must be
using 2.4 or below. Another hint is that you built with WebKit1
support, which was also removed after 2.4. So it would be good to
figure out what version you are really using. ;)

A quick check of go-webkit2 shows they use the webkit2gtk-3.0 API of
version 2.4, which is very slightly different from the webkit2gtk-4.0
API provided by 2.6 and newer. So I guess you are not using the version
of WebKit that you think you have packaged after all.

Michael