[webkit-gtk] Upgrading to newer version of webkit - need help.

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 17:26:39 PST 2015

Greetings,

Right now we are on 2.2.6 version and we are thinking of upgrading. Most
interesting stuff for us is POODLE vulnerability fix.

The site mentions three versions 2.4.8/2.7.3/2.6.4. Which version should
be use?

We have a custom extension working for version 2.2.6. Should be expect
any surprises for the extension if we upgrade to newer version?

Right now we are on Ubuntu 12.04. We did compile/install all the
required dependencies needed for 2.2.6 that were not part of standard
Ubuntu repositories - mostly newer versions of libraries. Will latest
code run Ubuntu 12.04 if we manage to install dependencies? I tried to
do some ground work and looks like I need to compile lot of new
dependencies such as libnettle etc.

Regards,

Niranjan