[webkit-gtk] Status update after second week of gardening

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Mon Dec 28 08:42:23 PST 2015

Hi,

12 developers at the Web Engines Hackfest in A Coruña agreed
to collectively restart gardening efforts for WebKitGTK+. The hope is
that with a large number of people contributing only a small amount of
time each week or two, we could collectively make a big difference and
eventually get our tree green.

We started last week with the following results (r194307): Failed 128
failures 14 new passes 6 flakes 74 missing results 0 api tests failed,
0 crashed, 2 timed out, 15 skipped

Currently we are at (r194427): Failed 8 jsc tests failed 129 failures 6
new passes 12 flakes 73 missing results 0 api tests failed, 0 crashed,
2 timed out, 15 skipped

We didn't improve much due to the limited number of volunteers during
the holiday week, but ChangSeok Oh helped with reducing unexpected
passes and adding a new result. I'm hoping we can reduce the unexpected
failures more this week.

Some observations:

* 7 of the newly-failing JSC tests are due to bug #147603.
* About 70 of the missing results we can fix with bug #152455.

The volunteers for next week are: Emanuele Aina, Michael Catanzaro,
Martin Robinson, ChangSeok Oh.

If you're a volunteer, please see http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK
/Gardening/Calendar for an overview of the work we did this past week.

Thanks,

Michael