[webkit-gtk] SoupSession

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Wed Apr 15 17:15:46 PDT 2015

On 16 April 2015 02:54, quoth Victor Lucero:

> Im trying to move my code from webkit1gtk to webkit2gtk but looks
> like one of the most needed features is not present
> webkit_get_default_session
> I used this to get access to web timings and stats proccessing,
> and in webkit2gtk looks like that api is not present, how can I
> get access to that part of the api?

You have to write "web extensions" to get access to the network/web-page stuff now, as this is in a separate process from the GUI.  You'll also need to explicitly transfer data between the two processes if you want to get the data back to the UI process (although IIRC newer versions of webkit2 have made this easier).

I haven't looked at the specifics too closely myself, as I'm still happily in a WebKit1 world. :)