[webkit-gtk] Sensibly rendering HTML from JavaScript

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 1 11:02:09 PDT 2014

> The reference manual does not explicitly forbid doing so,

Which suggests that you can understand if it did.

It would seem strange to need javascript for desktop applications but is
this just for proper desktop applications where the code is from a
trusted filesystem?

Aside from Javascript whitelisting which breaks too many badly made
sites. May I ask if there is anything that prevents the html generated
by javascript from looking like a url bar and covering the real one?

Also isn't there a far more correct way of html provision or doing
what you want?

I can't say I have spent enough tinme to understand what you are trying
to do enough to judge and other browser engines may do just this (which
is no valid reasoning for allowing it btw) but it strikes me as sounding
like bad practice?