[webkit-gtk] Deciding the deprecation path for WebKit1

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Tue May 20 06:20:25 PDT 2014

Done, see http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/169108

>  - /usr/share/webkitgtk-3.0/

We don't install resources anymore, they all are compiled as GResources,
see http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/168894

>  - libjavascriptcoregtk-3.0 library (the library .so and the pkgconfig
>    file and headers)

This is not a problem, JSC is common to webkit1 and webkit2 and the
libraries are already versioned, of course :-)

> I have no idea if it's feasible, but one option might be to split
> javascriptcoregtk out to a separate project. That way, distros could
> build both 2.4.x webkit1 and 2.6.x webkit2 against the same (new)
> javascriptcoregtk version.

I think current trunk should be parallel installable with old versions
of WebKit1.

--
Carlos Garcia Campos
http://pgp.rediris.es:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF3D322D0EC4582C3