[webkit-gtk] Webkit 2.2.* series

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 11:16:33 PDT 2014

Greetings,

While I appreciate new exciting features and bug fixes in each release,
it brings up another question. How quickly are we supposed to upgrade
and do you recommend upgrading?

We are on 2.2.6 version which came on March 19th (works great by the way
and a BIG THANK YOU) and 2.4 came on March 24th.

I am wondering if 2.2 version will still maintained in terms of bug
fixes and whether no new feature additions planned for this series. If
some bugs are fixed in 2.4 series, will the fixes be back ported to 2.2
release version also? This of course assuming bug applies to 2.2 version.

Do expect stable releases every month or so as has been happening in past?

Reason for questions is to make sure we plan accordingly and allocate
enough time/resources for upgrade and testing the new upgrade to make
sure it works with our code. Sometimes there are subtle differences in
behaviour between releases which can make lot of impact on our code.

Regards,

Niranjan