[webkit-gtk] Deciding the deprecation path for WebKit1

Sami Wagiaalla swagiaal at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 07:46:59 PDT 2014

>> Gtk annotations is also important for others so that languages like
>> python can use it. But this raises a very interesting problem. If python
>> like language needs DOM access, how do we do it? There are lot of tools
>> out there that depend upon DOM access and use Gtk annotations.
>
> That's a good point, we need to figure out a way to support web
> extensions written in other languages.

Following the advice on your blog [1], for the Eclipse embedded SWT
browser, I ended up writing an extension in C which communicates with
the main process (Java) via DBus. Perhaps that is what bindings will
have to do.

Thanks for writing that post BTW :)

[1]
http://blogs.igalia.com/carlosgc/2013/09/10/webkit2gtk-web-process-extensions/