[webkit-gtk] How to clear the cache?

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Sun Jul 13 01:37:16 PDT 2014

El vie, 11-07-2014 a las 10:09 -0700, Niranjan Rao escribió:
> Greetings,
>
> On Webkit 2.2.6
>
> Is there any way to clear the cache or preferably clear the cache older
> than last seven days?

There's webkit_web_context_clear_cache() see
http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkit2gtk/stable/WebKitWebContext.html#webkit-web-context-clear-cache

> Because of the  way we use webkit, current cache size has grown to 60GB+
> and growing. I would like to clear the cache for the items that are
> older than seven days.

The cache is supposed to have a size limit depending on the cache model
and the free space in the partition where the cache is saved, see
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/releases/WebKitGTK/webkit-2.2.6/Source/WebKit2/Shared/CacheModel.cpp#L33

> Another thing I am confused about is if a site says cache this file for
> two days, after two days when we refresh the file, does the old file
> gets deleted or its still on the disk?

I don't know the details about how the disk cache works, Sergio? Dan?

> I thought about executing a "find" command to do the cleanup but worried
> that database still have pointers to older cache entries and not sure
> what the impact will be.

No idea, either.