[webkit-gtk] Libsoup version bumping rules

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Thu Feb 27 06:18:12 PST 2014

El jue, 27-02-2014 a las 15:11 +0100, youenn fablet escribió:
> I recentrly tried replacing SoupSessionAsync by SoupSession in
> SoupNetworkSession.
> The current version of libsoup (2.43.90) already supports SoupSession
> but there are some libsoup bugs (already identified and fixed) which
> prevent from using SoupSession with this version of libsoup in WebKit.
>

> One of these bugs is #707711 (soup_session_queue_message() operating
> sync and not async), which is a bit disruptive in WebKit context.
>

> Version 2.45.3 seems to be working fine with WebKit and SoupSession.
> I am wondering whether there is a policy to bump libsoup version in
> WebKit.
> Should we wait for an official libsoup release to go on with that
> stuff or is it fine picking some interim version?

Do you have a patch for the changes required in WebKit? If the changes
are really worth it (fixes important bugs, etc.) and they are not that
much or they can be factored somehow, we can use the new api with
#ifdefs to avoid bumping the requirements.

The general rule is to avoid bumping the requirements always if
possible.