[webkit-gtk] Libsoup version bumping rules

youenn fablet youennf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 06:11:02 PST 2014

I recentrly tried replacing SoupSessionAsync by SoupSession in
SoupNetworkSession.
The current version of libsoup (2.43.90) already supports SoupSession but
there are some libsoup bugs (already identified and fixed) which prevent
from using SoupSession with this version of libsoup in WebKit.

One of these bugs is #707711 (soup_session_queue_message() operating sync
and not async), which is a bit disruptive in WebKit context.

Version 2.45.3 seems to be working fine with WebKit and SoupSession.
I am wondering whether there is a policy to bump libsoup version in WebKit.
Should we wait for an official libsoup release to go on with that stuff or
is it fine picking some interim version?

Regards,
   Youenn