[webkit-gtk] How to use/build latest stable version of libwebkitgtk

Kris De Volder kdevolder at pivotal.io
Thu Dec 11 16:23:37 PST 2014

The whole point of this exercise (I think) is to try and check if the
Eclipse bug I raised
is caused by a bug in libwebkitgtk which may be already fixed.

So if what you say:

> I'm not sure if such a recent version of webkitgtk will work in a
distribution from 2012

... is true...

Then maybe the exercise is futile since if what I'm trying to do still
doesn't work, we
wouldn't know to blame it on webkitgtk, eclipse or, more likely the odd mix
of 'old + new'
I am putting together.

BTW I know Ubuntu 12.04 is 'old' but it is an LTS version still supported
until April 2017.
It actually is pretty stable for me (more so than more recent releases I
have tried) so
I'm not keen on breaking my main development machine with an upgrade just
to try this
out.

I have an old laptop at home. I will probably just install 15.x on that and
try newer webkitgtk
in its 'natural environment' rather than try and shove it into my older but
stable OS.

That is, unless someone here has a better idea.

Kris