[webkit-gtk] How to use/build latest stable version of libwebkitgtk

Alberto Garcia berto at igalia.com
Thu Dec 11 16:03:21 PST 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 03:21:14PM -0800, Kris De Volder wrote:

> I did also find that but I have no idea how (or even if) I can use
> that. I mean I think it is part of the not-yet released Ubuntu
> 'Vivid' and the release I am using (12.04) doesn't have this
> package.

I'm not sure if such a recent version of webkitgtk will work in a
distribution from 2012, but you might try to build it. Add this to
your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu vivid universe

And follow these instructions: http://askubuntu.com/a/246721

Note that building webkit will require a lot of time and disk space.

Berto