[webkit-gtk] webkit2gtk resources

Victor Lucero victor.lucero at ipartner.cl
Thu Aug 28 09:07:36 PDT 2014

Comments below

El 28-08-2014, a las 11:51, Jose <jmalv04 at gmail.com> escribió:

> thanks, comments below
>
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Victor Lucero
> <victor.lucero at ipartner.cl> wrote:
>>
>> 1)Got the actual data for all the resources been downloaded its a bit
>> tricky. in our case we use webkit_get_default_session() to access the soup
>> main session and attach a "request-queued” event into it so for each element
>> downloaded you could access the soup-message, and for each soup-message you
>> can attach "got-chunk” so every piece of data is send to that event and you
>> need to manually store it to get its length and contents-  sadly this events
>> was removed in libsoup 2.39.4 if I remember well. but thanks that its open
>> source I patched that feature back (ugly but I was desperate) if you want i
>> cane send you that patch , its works in the latest version of lib soup used
>> by webkitgtk and webkit2gtk.
>> Sadly there is no element in the api to get or catch the frames that are
>> created in a webpage, the guys here told me to file a bug asking for this
>> feature in webkit2gtk but in the old API is present via the signal
>> “frame-created” over a web_view or frame. I think i will file that bug
>> because i need that functionality but im still working with the old API.
>
> This approach seems overly complicated but it may well be the only
> approach with webkit2. Please do send me
> the patch as it will help me learn a bit more about this.

isn’t thaaat complicated. just attach some signals to the soup engine and wait to the contents and store them for later use.
i attached the patch but remember this only bring back the “got-chunk” functionality to the soup-message object of lib soup. it has nothing to do directly with webkitgtk.
(the path its just the diff between the version of the file when the feature was removed so this code isn mine ok?)