[webkit-gtk] Beginner issues building and using WebKitGTK

Adrian Perez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Thu Apr 3 10:55:38 PDT 2014

Hello Greg,

Andres Gomez <agomez at igalia.com> writes:

> I think you can start here:
> http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTK/StartHacking
>

> On Thu, 2014-04-03 at 09:28 -0700, Gregory Pitts wrote:
>>
>> I am writing a cross platform application using GTK# that needs to be able
>> to render a basic webpage. The feature is mostly for displaying
>> documentation so I only need basic functionality [...]

Also, note that WebKitGTK+ by itself provides a GObject-based API
that is designed to be used from C. It also includes support for
using it from other languages like JavaScript and Python by means
of GObject-Introspection [1].

In the case of C#, you would need to use a library that provides
a C# API that wraps the C one, like webkit-sharp [2].

In GNU/Linux the easiest way of developing your application would
be to use a distribution that includes packages for WebKitGTK+ and
webkit-sharp in its repositories. I am aware of Debian and Arch
providing pre-built packages for both.

Cheers,

-Adrian

---