[webkit-gtk] Error on executing update-webkitgtk-libs.

Andres Gomez agomez at igalia.com
Wed Oct 9 08:56:16 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, 2013-10-09 at 20:44 +0530, Mayur K wrote:
> Updating GTK+ port dependencies using jhbuild...
> Cloning into 'jhbuild'...
> 2013/10/09 20:38:28 socat[3252] E CONNECT git.gnome.org:9418: Service
> Unavailable
>   File "./jhbuild-wrapper", line 74, in clone_jhbuild
>     raise Exception('jhbuild git clone failed with return code: %i' %
> process.returncode)
> I tried setting up http_proxy and https_proxy variables.
> I also followed the solution mentioned here :
> http://www.emilsit.net/blog/archives/how-to-use-the-git-protocol-through-a-http-connect-proxy/

Probably there are many ways of solving this problem. As you would like
a quick solution I would suggest you forget as socat (something is wrong
with your configuration as it is not working seeing the error message)
and try to replace line 71 in Tools/jhbuild/jhbuild-wrapper like:
-     process = subprocess.Popen(['git', 'clone', 'git://git.gnome.org/jhbuild'], cwd=source_path)
+     process = subprocess.Popen(['git', 'clone', 'https://git.gnome.org/browse/jhbuild'], cwd=source_path)

This way you will use the HTTP interface for cloning jhbuild git
repository and, most probably, you will be able to do it through your
proxy.

Br.
--
Andres Gomez