[webkit-gtk] Error on executing update-webkitgtk-libs.

Mayur K eminemence at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 08:14:05 PDT 2013

Hi,
I am trying to setup webkit-gtk on my ubuntu system. This is behind a
firewall.
I am following the steps mentioned here :
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingGtk
But on executing update-webkitgtk-libs I am getting the following errors :

Updating GTK+ port dependencies using jhbuild...
Cloning into 'jhbuild'...
2013/10/09 20:38:28 socat[3252] E CONNECT git.gnome.org:9418: Service
Unavailable
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./jhbuild-wrapper", line 120, in <module>
    ensure_jhbuild(platform)
  File "./jhbuild-wrapper", line 103, in ensure_jhbuild
    clone_jhbuild()
  File "./jhbuild-wrapper", line 74, in clone_jhbuild
    raise Exception('jhbuild git clone failed with return code: %i' %
process.returncode)
Exception: jhbuild git clone failed with return code: 128
Running jhbuild-wrapper build failed.
Died at ./update-webkitgtk-libs line 24.

I tried setting up http_proxy and https_proxy variables.
I also followed the solution mentioned here :
http://www.emilsit.net/blog/archives/how-to-use-the-git-protocol-through-a-http-connect-proxy/

But the issue still persists.
Any tips to fix this issue?
Thanks.