[webkit-gtk] how to override the default authentication prompter in WebKitGTK 2.0.x?

Grant Gayed Grant_Gayed at ca.ibm.com
Fri May 17 13:34:18 PDT 2013

Hi,

Prior to WebKitGTK 2.0 (WebKit1 API) we could replace the default
WebKitGTK soup authentication prompter by connecting our "authenticate"
signal handler before it (so that we would be invoked first), and then
stopping the emission of the signal in our handler so that the default
prompter would not subsequently be shown.  However as of 2.0.x,
WebKitGTK's default authentication prompter is always shown after ours,
even if our prompter has already performed the authentication (ie.-
stopping the emission of the "authenticate" signal is no longer
effective).  Is there a new way of vetoing the showing of the default
WebKitGTK authentication prompter?

Thanks in advance,
Grant